Interesting things seen in the presentation held at IPTPS'09:
- Solving the unicast problem is not so important, since 90% of Twitter users have less than 100 subscribers. 99% have less then 600. Only the top ten has about a million subscribers each.
- FETHR goes on to solve the unicast problem anyway by proposing a solution called Gossip, which is actually a multicast strategy among subscribers of a feed.
- <lynX> Sounds much better. ;-)
- Messages are signed.
- Timeline integrity is protected by hash chains (instead of just using a counter like PSYC intends to, FETHR sends the hash of the previous message along with every new message, so you can recover it by means of a hash instead of a packet id)
- <lynX> I presume both methods work.
- Implementation of FETHR is already available. Seems to be enough for doing decentralized Twittering.