A website that accumulates mood lines of people similar to presence announcements or /me actions, with other people subscribing to these microblogs. Microblogging serves a purpose somewhere in the range between newscasting and friendcasting.
Elaborate microblogging also allows for comments and thus discussion about any event. Facebook also added a like button which merely allows you to show appreciation for somebody else's status update. Of course many people have asked for a don't like function to follow.
At some point the term status update overtook the word microblogging. In PSYCish thinking a status update is a _notice_update since a _status is something that did not change. But in some cases we just consider it a type of _message.
Microblogging in psyced
- By typing /go ~nick#follow a user nick can enter his own followership channel.
- This channel is technically implemented by net/place/userthreads, a variation of the threaded discussion chatroom, specialized on microblogging.
- The /blog command lets you publish microblogs. See threads for the other commands available in blog rooms.
- Your blogs appear on your profile page when you or your friends /surf to it.
- By means of /privacy public you can make all publications visible to the world, that means they will also appear on your public profile that requires no PSYC authentication. You get the URL for that from your own /whois.
- If you activate /twitter yes your microblogs will also be published on your Twitter account. Just follow the procedure provided by the OAuth link.
- Same goes for /identica yes
This documentation is just as experimental as the code.