This was the most advanced of clients concerning social features. It is the only one that can display profiles natively without resorting to HTTP except for the style sheet. But we stopped working on it when we realized that we need an implementation of a distributed state which has only materialized years later in form o f psycd.
1 Orphaned project
- Check out more Screenshots
1.1 ℘ςycZillα Framework
- Status -- detailed list of features and progress changelog.
- Documentation -- end user and developer docs.
- ToDo -- Bugs and ToDo items, planned features and developer notes.
- Discussion -- for ideas, brainstorming, etc.
- Screenshots -- Examine snapshots from several versions of the interface.
- Httpd -- Integrated File Sharing via http
- Sidebar -- Firefox/Flock Browser sidebar interface
- LiveWiki -- Collaborative editing project
- Graveyard -- the happy place where ideas are laid to rest
1.3 DOWNLOAD & INSTALL
Current version isn't entirely happy about Firefox 3. Try it out, git it here:
git clone git://git.psyced.org/git/psyczilla
git clone git://git.x-net.hu/psyczilla
1.3.1 Firefox + Flock Browser Extension
- Updated Release URL: You can now find the latest releases on http://zilla.psyced.org.
- Note: If you get an error message about Firefox being unable to install the extension, please download the XPI and then drag it to your Extension Manager in order to install.
- Note: Be sure to set your extension options after installing (you need a psyc: uniform for that), then look for the "Open PSYC" option in the Firefox Tools menu, or just click on any psyc: link.
- The extension adds toolbar buttons to your "Customize Toolbars" palette, right-click on the main navigation toolbar and select "Customize..." then drag the psyc icon(s) to one of your existing toolbars.
- The Firefox extension update system should work if you previously installed a PsycZilla XPI package. To update simply go to your extension manager and select "Find Update"
- Otherwise use git clone, git pull and make to create a new XPI from your local copy of the source.
1.3.2 XULRunner Version
The source distribution comes with a run.sh that starts PsycZilla using XULRunner.
The special downloadables PsycRunner and CocoaPSYC are no longer available, you can ask 20after4 for a copy.
1.4 Getting Started
I invite anyone to make suggestions about license. From the beginning I chose the least restrictive license that I could find. If contributors want to license their code under other terms then we need to come to agreememnt on another license or possibly dual-license arrangement. Suggestions?
There is currently one file that is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License version 1.1, see http://www.mozilla.org/MPL At this time only the PsycProtocol.js component is under MPL. PsycProtocol is the component responsible for registering the psyc:// URL scheme within Firefox.
- This is open source software and it is being created through the combined efforts of the PSYC Community
- Original Code Copyright (c) 2006 Mukunda Modell
- Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
- The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
- THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Many of the graphical eliments used in this applicaton come from the beautiful "Silk" icon set by Mark James, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. The complete icon set can be found at Mark's website: http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/
Wow the psyc: link integration is wonderful, I will have to spread psyc: URLs everywhere now. Hey you surfer! Have you installed PsycZilla already? Yes? Well then come and chat with us: CLICK HERE: psyc://psyced.org/@welcome
For testing instead, come to our testing room: psyc://beta.ve.symlynx.com/@rendezvous